The FIDM Museum currently has openings for two exhibition installers and one administrative assistant. See below for more information on applying for these positions. To apply, please follow the instructions listed in the job description.
We’re hiring exhibition installers! These short-term contract positions will play an important role in mounting the 8th Annual Art of Television Costume Design exhibition. As an exhibition installer, you will work closely with FIDM Museum staff to prepare incoming TV costumes for display.
Two positions are available:
Contract Registrar – June 16 – July 9
Contract Preparator – June 25 – July 16
Mannequin dressing and museum experience required. To apply, send your resume and a letter of interest to internships@FIDMmuseum.org. Applications due by April 28, 2014.
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit your letter of interest and resume to internships@FIDMmuseum.org by the deadline above. Volunteers are required to commit to a regular one-day-per-week time slot throughout installation (June 23 – July 18, except July 4 holiday).
FIDM Museum installation hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
FIDM MUSEUM ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Summary: Data entry, track and maintain databases, assist with Museum special events. Reports to Museum Coordinator. To apply for this position, please email a resume and a letter of interest to info@FIDMmuseum.org.
- Light accounting: data entry in IBM i, track Museum expenditures.
- Maintain Museum mailing list.
- Assist Museum Coordinator on department projects.
- Assist Museum Coordinator and Public Relations Department in execution of all Museum and Museum related special events.
- Available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Assist Museum Coordinator in location and transportation of exhibition objects.
- Make travel arrangements for department staff.
- Assist Museum Coordinator in preparing budgets for the Museum.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Organized, methodical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business or the Arts.
- Experience in execution of special events.
- 1-2 years business experience.