The FIDM Museum is hiring! We are currently seeking a full-time Museum Coordinator to join our team. Please read the following job description and qualification requirements carefully. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Thursday, February 9th. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: Museum Coordinator
Museum Office Manager:
- Works with Museum Director and Museum & Gallery staff in preparing and tracking budgets for Museum & Galleries
- Oversee budget data entry in I5 system
- Organizes activities and events between the Museum & Galleries, Museum Shop, Fashion Council, FIDM Departments, and outside organizations
- Gathers, formulates, and writes policies and procedures for the Museum & Galleries
- Trains and supervises auxiliary staff (security guards, work-study, interns & volunteers), as needed
- Organizes purchases of office supplies for Museum & Galleries
- Liaises with donors, lenders, and community, as needed
- Manages Museum & Galleries public email and phone lines
- Assist Museum & Galleries staff, as needed
- Coordinates all Museum & Galleries displays, including annual film & TV costume, History Gallery, and OC Campus Gallery exhibitions
- Liaises with FIDM Departments in regards to all print and digital collateral needs, i.e., Publications, Productions, IT, Building Maintenance, etc.
- Arranges transportation for exhibition objects
- Works with lenders in obtaining insurance values, background information, and related materials for exhibitions
- Organizes security for exhibitions
- Maintains attendance records and statistics for exhibitions
- Oversees maintenance of Museum mailing list
Qualifications: Interest in arts administration, non-profit grant-writing, and fashion. Excellent budgetary, communication, organization, and computer skills (Excel, Word, Museum collections management database). Good interpersonal skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or, preferably, Arts Management.
Work Experience: 1-3 years experience in museum field.